PHP Developer (OO PHP)
Local technology consulting business looking for a full time web applications developer.
Work will be primarily in Object Oriented PHP and Python, and also include occasional opportunities to work in Ruby On Rails, Flash/Flex, and .NET.
This is a local company, owned and operated by UA grads, located about a mile from campus.
You will work directly with the owners (who are senior developers and project managers), and work with experienced designers and graphics artists, with an established and proven project management approach.
Will work on-site in our Tucson, AZ office. As developer you will interface with our CTO, Systems Analyst and Project Manager on a daily basis.
* 2+ years of experience in PHP and MySQL
* Experience in modern use of CSS
Preferred additional qualifications include:
* Experience with flash/action script
* Drupal/Joomla customization
* Object Oriented Programming education or experience
* Experience with dynamic programming languages like Ruby, Python, or similar
* Framework experience: Cake, Zend, Ruby On Rails
* Development of custom Web-based applications
* Development of Web-based software for internal projects
* Co-operation with other Web development team members (e.g. Project manager, Web programmers, graphic designers, and authors, quality assurance) in the production of a finished product.
* Ability to work on project without detailed instructions in a real-time bug tracking environment; taking the initiative with this job is important.
* On-going maintenance of existing projects and occasional technical advisory functions.
What You Need To Know
You need to have some exposure/experience-with (but not necessarily be a deep expert) in the following:
- web application development (including MVC concepts)
- object-oriented concepts and design
- PHP programing (including OO PHP)
- relational database design
- efficient SQL queries
- modern CSS techniques
- AJAX concepts and practice
- web application security concepts and practice
Any of the following skills are gravy (but you should still apply even if you don’t have them):
- Flash/Flex/Actionscript experience
- Experience with modern dynamic language (python, ruby, etc)
- Experience with linux/unix shell scripting
Why You Should Work Here
Because you love writing great software and working with talented teammates.
Come work with our team, and be part of a fast-growing company working on the cutting edge of modern software. Work side-by-side with the business owners and other talented teammates. Solve real problems for real businesses across the country, and have fun while pushing your abilities and learning new things.
Annual salary range is $42-52k, or better for exceptional applicants.
Health and Dental benefits are excellent.
Approximately 2 weeks of PTO and Paid Holidays to start.
Some Details About Applying With Us
Please include the following with your application:
- brief resume showing work history and education
- links to your website and/or any sites/projects you can show off to us
Be prepared to do a simple coding exercise as a final step in the application process if we like you in the interview. However, don’t stress, you get to do it at a time and location of your choosing (ie, at home), and you get a couple hours to complete it. As long as you can actually lay code and think in OO, you’ll do fine.
To apply, send your resume to: